Our company has been established for over 35 years and is now Australia's leading Importer and Wholesaler of Automotive Electronics and Accessories to the retail market in Australia and NZ.
We now seek an enthusiastic, vibrant person to join our company on a full time basis in the pivotal role of Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator. You will work Mon - Fri in a modern, clean environment in our offices situated at Braeside, Victoria and the successful applicant will be required to have had experience in overseas ordering procedures, stock planning and stock management. A sound knowledge of warehousing principles and procedures will also be expected.
- Reporting to the Logistics Manager
- Manage stock planning and ordering as required to optimize inventory level and eliminate stock-out situation.
- Create and maintain effective liaison with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery.
- Process incoming orders and ensure that they conform to purchase orders and invoices.
- Ensure that quality standards and requirements are met.
- Have initiative, punctuality and reliability.
- Liaise with other departments as required to meet customer needs
- Demonstrated experience in inventory purchasing
- Understand of supply chain end to end
- Competent in using ERP systems and Excel
- Previous experience in working with large volume of SKU's
- Ability to understand and interpret deadlines and plans.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- High attention to detail
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and demands
- Experience in dealing with retail customers is desirable
You will work autonomously, however with the support of the Management team , IT, Sales, Warehouse and Service.
You should be a self starter, have good phone manner, pleasant personality and potential and willingness to grow within our company over a long term.
Training will be provided on the job and commencing salary range will be $55 -$60k + depending on experience.
If you meet the criteria above and are looking for a challenge and are a confident team player, please submit your resume now by email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will be in contact with you to arrange an interview as we are ready to fill this role asap!